- What is crowdfunding?
The process of funding a project or venture by raising small amounts of money (funds) from a large number of people (crowds), usually with the aid of the Internet. It has currently become a fundamental tool in online fundraising.
“Crowdfunding really is a meritocracy and a tool that can be used and taken advantage of by any organization of any size.” -Chris Charlesworth, CEO/Co-founder Hivewire.
- I have noticed that an organization has received the target amount and are still getting more donations. Will you give this money to the same organization or use it in some other way?
Yes, if the fundraiser has surpassed the goal, the additional funds will also go to the organization that you have supported. If you don’t wish to support them do let us know so we can refund your transaction, you can write to us on Hiteri.org.
- Does the raised amount reach the individual directly?
With Hiteri, the money you collect goes directly to the bank account associated with your fundraising page. Raising money for yourself or anyone has never been easier. Start crowdfunding now.
- How does Hiteri keep campaigns safe?
Hiteri features the very best in secure payment encryption technology. Your donors’ online payments are safe, and your money is stored securely until you’re ready to request a withdrawal via electronic bank transfer. Organizers and beneficiaries may also request a check.
- How do I trust Hiteri or know its genuine?
Links to the website provided
FAQ for Donors.
- What is the minimum donation I can make on Hiteri?
The minimum donation via credit & debit cards and net-banking is Rs.300
- I have donated to a fundraiser but have not received an update. How do I get it?
You can use the feature “ask for update” to follow up on your request for an update on the fundraiser, you can also post a comment on the comments section requesting for one, and you can also click on “contact us” and contact the campaigner directly. We recommend that you wait atleast 2-3 weeks post requesting for one as we usually see campaigners posting an update once a month.
- I do not want to make an online payment. Are there other payment options?
Yes! Besides our secure, online payment options, Hiteri has cheque pickups and direct bank transfers, that gets mapped to the crowdfunding campaign organizers account. To avail direct transfer, kindly drop us a line at Hiteri.org
- I have paid the wrong amount by mistake. What should I do?
No problem. Just write to us at email@example.com and let us know if you would like the full payment or part of the payment reversed. Depending on the payment gateway used for the transaction, the reversal is completed within 1 – 10 business days.
If you are donating items, here is a list that cannot be donated.
Please note, we want to provide for others so that they can have a better life, a better opportunity. Hence please read the list so that you can be sure you have the right items before your drop the donations.
- Dirty/stained clothes
- Torn/worn out clothes
- Damaged clothes
- Used undergarments
- Damaged/ torn shoes and torn socks
- Torn books with incomplete content
- Books with irrelevant/ inappropriate content
- Notebooks/ Exercise books with already filled pages.
- Damaged products no more in working condition
- Dangerous machinery
- Torn/ worn out unusable mattresses
- Torn blankets
- Pillows and cushions with stains, tears and in unusable condition
- Stained sheets / covers and so on.
- Expired medicines
- Used medical supplies (Eg: syringes, breathalysers)
- Dirty equipments
- Rusty surgical items
- Hazardous items (Explosive items, goods with leakage, dirty goods)
- Any decayable food items.
- Broken goods
- Rusted tools or toys
- Toys with sharp/ broken edges
FAQ for CSO/ NGOs fundraisers:
- Once launched, can I alter my fundraiser information?
With the exception of the goal amount and fundraiser end date, you, as the campaigner, can decide to change all the content on your page. You just have to send the update information on our email and we will do the rest for you.
- Can I make edits on my COS/ NGO micro-site?
No, at this point in time, this feature is only available to the team at Hiteri. So if you want something changed, get in touch with the team and the change will be made within 24 hours.
- What happens if I do not raise my goal amount?
Hiteri practices a ‘flexible’ model of funding, which means you get whatever you raise. So even if you don’t reach your goal amount, the amount raised will still be transferred to the beneficiary.
- How do I promote my fundraiser?
Stage 1: Divide your social circle into an inner circle (friends, family, colleagues) and an outer circle(old friends, distant relatives, ex–colleagues, etc.).
Stage 2: Reach out to your inner social circle first – friends, family and colleagues. They are most likely to give because, well, they love you, and because they can feel your passion for the cause.
Stage 3: Reach out to your outer circle next – old friends, distant relatives, ex–colleagues, etc. When they see you’ve already got supporters giving to your fundraiser, it will make them want to join in as well.
Don’t stop reaching out to the people in your network. Create a ripple effect.
- How do I receive the funds that the fundraiser has raised?
To proceed with payout it is mandatory to upload all the necessary documents by logging in and going to your account. Please note Hiteri cannot process any payout until the necessary information is uploaded and approved. Once the documents have been uploaded and approved, your button to withdraw funds will be activated on clicking the same you will be able to withdraw the funds into your account. On your dashboard you will be shown the amount you are eligible for withdrawal, which at times maybe not the full amount you have raised, this is due to the balance funds raised not being credited into the bank a/c. Only once the amount is credited into the bank a/c will you be able to see it eligible for withdrawal on the dashboard.
- How long does it take to receive my funds?
We make transfers on a daily basis (excl Sat/Sun and public holidays). Donations raised should take 3-5 working days to reflect in your account, if not earlier. Please ensure your bank account details are correct at the time of submitting your request. More often, we’ve seen this to be the primary reason for delay in transfers.